Open World

Colt

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Manager
Renown
This thread is for general feedback on the open world maps & activities.

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
Current behaviour:
The chat has two auto sizes (default and up arrow) and minimised. In addition to this, the resize isn't remembered, it gets reset on minimize.

Preferred behaviour:
The chat window size is remembered and the outlines only appear when it's focused. Similar to the chat window in League of Legends?

Last edited:

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
Current behaviour:
Tool windows can be opened using hotkeys and to close them you can manually click the "x" or the same hotkey.

Preferred behaviour:
Tool window currently in focus can be dismissed with escape

kitsune121x

Landlubber
Renown
you should be able to get food from NPC ships you kill on the map or so you can grind for a while or go further without needing to go to a port

I died so many times during the demo cuz of running out of food cuz I went to a new area I've never explored before and thought I was going to find a place to get some

Admiral_Mudkip

Landlubber
Renown
Add a way to convert food you've farmed (trough a crafting recipe?) to rations which automatically refill your hunger while out at sea without needing to dock at an outpost.

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
Clarity on Outpost is quite lacking. It consumes all wood in your inventory? then if you don't have the required wood to build it, if you come back it no longer exists and your wood is gone. Reloading that map chunk does not fix this. It has happened twice to me :(

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
The map is a great tool to see what explorations options are available, however the different icons aren't super intuitive.
It would be helpful to have a map legend that explains what the different icons are and if applicable little tooltips that explain how they change.

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
Current behaviour:
Go home button takes us back to Port Haven (which can also be done via the map).

Preferred behaviour:
Go home takes you to your farm / house and if you want to go to Port Haven you use the map teleport like with every other port.