The most highlighted feature of the game has to be the water battles, battling on the ship combating pirates and players. During the playtest, there are some areas that on the map, that the ping can spike and reach 1k-2k pings, and this makes it difficult to battle with pirates, with the delay and the roll backs.
Water Battles: Combat style wise, is very good. I don’t have a particular input on this apart from what has been explained above.
Land combat Issues:
Land combat Issues:
- Blue bar from what I can assume is a stamina gauge to determine the speed of the cast time but doesn’t seem to make a difference.
- Red bar bottom of the character is the cast time bar, which randomize.
- I get that you want to implement co – op features, and strategy. But I would really recommend on using an RTS combat on land as well, as it would elevate the combat on the same level as water battles. RTS combat will still have strategy factors in it, but it will need a good mob AI to increase the difficulty levels.
- Mobs should be available more to farm crafting materials.
- If strategized TBS is a feature that HAVE to be in the game, I would suggest it implemented to water battles as well, such as the kraken stage of voyage.
- When respawning, opponents can camp at respawn site and kill players that just respawned.
- Go home button on ending menu (victory/lose board) doesn’t work. Suggestions:
- Need a protective bubble when respawning
- Need a protecting tower to protect respawn base to prevent players to camp near respawning site.
- Respawning site needs to be BEHIND the treasure and closer to the item shop. This will prevent the tower to protect the chest.
VoyageVoyage from what I can assume is a dungeon style feature, where players have to clear before getting the reward. A few issues occurred during playtest.
a) Increase speed didn’t seem to change the speed
b) Ratings tend to bug and starts of high and decreases as receiving damage but seemed to be fixed after.
c) Increased Ship health seem to increase the bar but leaving the bar empty.
- Add more voyage modes with higher difficulty and better treasure
- Add party requirements e.g needs at least 5 ships or something, this should emphasize the co – op genre
- Add solo mode for that loner like me
- Add a mini boss for each stage
- Add a treasure box for each stage
- Add an enemy outpost for each stage
FarmingFarming seems to be the main way to get gold in the game, since voyage/arena/mobs doesn’t give you any gold. This should be okay, if you game was a farming game from the start. Having a main feature that overpowers the other features could topple the game in my perspective. I think you should nerf the farming, into a sub feature.
- Carrots are deemed abusable since it has a short time requirement to harvest, abusable to farming level, price demand for potatoes, and gold.
- Multiple accounts can farm a huge amount of gold in a short time without a hitch, each character that we own are able to create its own guild and send crops via mail to other accounts. This could exploit the farming feature as well.
- Auto farm is difficult to use since it doesn’t have a radial range like a manual one.
- Farm plots on private farm are bugged
- Lengthen the harvest time for carrots, and increase the seed price, in exchange increase the yield.
- Increase the demand ratio from 1:1 to 1:50, to slower the change in price.
- Implement taxing system when mailing items from one account to another, to prevent exploiting the use of alternative character to yield crops in a shorter time.
- Change single target on auto farm to a radial area to increase QoL
- Each time farming level increase should also give a perk such as increased yield and shorter harvest time.Having changes above, would mean that players won't be able to upgrade too quickly, hence lengthening the life span of the game by slowing down the pace of the player.