Farming & Housing

Colt

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Manager
Renown
This thread is for general feedback on the farming and housing systems.

Aether

Landlubber
Renown
The multiple instances results in a lot of bugs with farming. Some times you load in and there's no crops, other times the timers are off on the water or even the growth stage. In addition to this, I'm noticing that I plant seeds sometimes and I think it goes to a different instance as when I reload that location (guild map) it's wiped clean but my seed count has gone down. Sometimes I'll load into guild map or even my personal farm and see in a different stage or water loading level. One of my instances had 3 empty spots, another one had all full and I swapped between them once when trying to reload the map.

Purincess

Landlubber
Renown
Harro. I've noticed that not just me, but other people at some point had issues with saplings' "hitbox" being a bit wonky, because they add a "block flag" around themselves that correspond to the grown tree, which not only looks weird but also can ruin some landscaping plans.
I would suggest making the ground around the sapling in the early forms have some "dirt" ground around itself, representing where the tree trunk's gonna grow and help players visualize their block boundaries.

Kimetsu

Renown
The multiple instances results in a lot of bugs with farming. Some times you load in and there's no crops, other times the timers are off on the water or even the growth stage. In addition to this, I'm noticing that I plant seeds sometimes and I think it goes to a different instance as when I reload that location (guild map) it's wiped clean but my seed count has gone down. Sometimes I'll load into guild map or even my personal farm and see in a different stage or water loading level. One of my instances had 3 empty spots, another one had all full and I swapped between them once when trying to reload the map.
I can be touchy when reloading back in sometimes. Please be specific and we can see if other people are having the same sorts of issues.
Thanks for the report.

.TD

Landlubber
Renown
For sure about the sapling placements. It can be tricky and you'll block yourself out of your farm or block yourself from watering other trees. Its tricky to place them right and being able to visualize a walkway around the sapling placement.

Kimetsu

Renown
For sure about the sapling placements. It can be tricky and you'll block yourself out of your farm or block yourself from watering other trees. Its tricky to place them right and being able to visualize a walkway around the sapling placement.
I do agree with you.

Reactions: .TD

Seafairy

Landlubber
Renown
+1 for sapling placements
+1 for flying crops (I could live with this)

I encountered a bug where the plots weren't equally distanced, and it made auto farming a hassle. Also, I would prefer it if I could use the shovel to dig up a plot of land I'd like to farm on (sort of like other farming games). This gives me the freedom to decorate my farm how I want, and place it where it's either most convenient or aesthetic to me. Being limited to 24 plots ticks me off a little, but I could live with it. My gameplay is geared towards farming/trading/crafting/voyaging rather than PvP.

Last edited: